Thursday, November 11, 2010

Memories of you

I was driving tonight and remembered -- I think -- times when I would be able to just walk up to you, slip my arms around you under your jean jacket and be pressed against you. We would just stand there holding each other. I could do that any time . . . I think. It has been so long I'm almost not sure that really happened, or if it's just a daydream. 

If I had never known the rush of being in love with you, seeing you and feeling so happy that you love me, maybe I wouldn't be so sad now.  If I had never married, never fallen in love and been loved, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much. But I think I would still know I was missing out on the real joy of life. 

Not at all sure that this pain will ever end on this side of the dirt.  And you just want me to send money, for cigars, and stamps, nuts, candy, envelopes.  Yeah, we're all fine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment