Sunday, May 17, 2009

A letter to You from Me

To You,

I don't even know exactly where you are, so I don't know how this will get to you.

I dropped you off at the emergency room and left at 1 a.m. I had to get home for the kids, even though our daughter is 18, I don't want to leave her there all night. And there seemed to be nothing left for me to do.

I really felt relieved to walk away and leave you there on the bed in the ER. Let them worry about you for a while.

I'm sure I'll feel something like grief sometime. Right now I just feel revulsion.

I don't think I can even repeat some of the things I heard you say tonight, acting like "Us Junkies" are so cool. You just "did a little too much cocaine."

I have no idea where this is going to go and what it means for us and our children. I just know that I can't handle it anymore -- and you need help.
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment