Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nashville

May 15, 2009

To you

I love this bed. And I got the room over the garage --- it’s quiet, and a gentle rain is falling, I’m kind of away from the rest of the bedrooms so it feels very private.
I’ve been reading one of their books about the depression, about two brothers who have to leave home at 10 and 15 to find work so they don’t take away from the family’s small food supply. To think of kids not having more than a couple potatoes for everyone, and being hungry all the time. We never go hungry.

Jess is staying at the house while I’m gone, but P said he woke up at 1 a.m. and D had a boyfriend over, watching a movie. He was upset that this was going on in the middle of the night, as I would be if I was there. Sigh.

It is quiet here, I hope to be really busy today and help sell lots of books. My goal is to help her get the $1300 she needs to pay off the credit card bill for the foundation. (I did it! We made $1400!)
All I got for dinner was white rice, white bread and steamed carrots. I’m going to have to find some food that is more nutritious . . .
I heard our friend D came and spent hours mowing the back yard. The grass was over P’s head, and he just couldn’t do it. I heard it looks beautiful.
Some kid came by looking for you, C said he gave her bad vibes.
From me.

No comments:

Post a Comment